Data Scientist - Data and Enterprise Solutions
5415 N. Mountwood Drive
Chicago , IL 60640, United States
$190000 a year
SF Technology is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data and Enterprise Solutions organization, which is responsible for the Developer Platform, its data products, and the customers who build with them. We use a variety of powerful analytics tools to access, transform, and analyze the enormous amount of data generated by the platform. Our analyses and insights serve to ensure platform health, increase conversation quality, and grow revenue through collaborations with engineering, product, and business partners.
As a key member in the product development process, you will partner with Product Managers and engineering teams on a wide range of project types and durations. You will work with engineering teams to design for future analysis, and you will build systems to understand the behavior of the developer platform's customers. You will creatively combine data sets, analysis tools, and problem-solving techniques to answer questions that move the business forward.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist with experience answering hard questions by analyzing large, complex data sets and systems. A great candidate values an iterative and collaborative approach to reaching the right questions with their customers and stakeholders. They understand the pitfalls of big data analysis and machine learning, and are adept at communicating these considerations. They start small and fast, and they effectively size and segment their work. They know how to select and switch tools, and they know when they’re done.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably:
• Apply your experience with statistics, machine learning, and data analysis to product design, implementation, and evaluation
• Are familiar with the Python data science stack
• Have experience managing a project and working with diverse stakeholders
• Clearly communicate your results to different audiences at appropriate levels
• Are comfortable using diverse platforms, data stores, and analysis tools
• Have energy for learning new things, and for sharing what is learned
• Work collaboratively and creatively
You might also:
• Be familiar with Scala or SQL
• Have spent time in the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Presto, Spark)
• Have experience using the SF Technology APIs and Developer Platform
• 3+ years of analysis experience (commercial, scientific, academic)
• Extensive experience with a data processing language (we use Python and Scala)
• Experience with statistical and machine learning techniques
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse SF Technology. SF Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status
Job ID: #13 Posted At: 2019-02-15